The day After Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday. This also is officially start of holiday shopping season. Almost all stores come out with Doorbuster Sales with early bird special to attract consumers to their stores. People stand in line hours before store is opened, to grab the bargain of the year.
Black Friday isn’t until the day after Thanksgiving, but since you’re already here, looking for Black Friday deals, we kicked off the deals a little early.
Tips for Black Friday Shopping
– Decide what you want before shopping. You may NOT be able to cover all the stores and may not be able to get ALL the early bird Specials.
– Give preference to big ticket item as you will save more on those item. For example, if you are looking for a $1000 3D TV and $10 Bluetooth and both are at very good prices but are on two different stores. Savings on 3D TV may be in range of few hundred dollars while saving on Bluetooth may be in $10-$20 range.
– Check Price Matching Policy of stores. Some stores offer price match so instead of standing in queue you may just walk in to a store with no or less queue and that offers price match. (And yes, make sure that they have item in stock). Price Matching is always a tricky situation. Some stores may be kind enough to honour their words while other may NOT be. Some employee’s and Manager’s are also reluctant to offer price match.
– Buy in advance and get price adjusted on Black Friday day. Again, Some store may or may not adjust price. You may try return and re-purchase at Black Friday price on Black Friday. Again, some store may refuse to sale it back, stating that item has to go in first.
– Buy Only what you need. Many stores are strict on re-stocking fee which may range from 5-15%.This usually applies to big ticket electronics & tech items.
– PARK SMART. Park in the parking lot of nearby other place where there is no sale. Walk to store. This way, you wont get stuck in BIG queue of people coming in and out to the main store.
– Shop Online. These day’s most Black Friday items are available online as well. Checkout dealsofamerica.com for all online deals. This is one of the best and most frequently updated website on the web so you are sure to get all bargains there.