As we know, light is essential for most of plants’ photosynthesis. Without it, plants could not make food. But light can also be too intense, too hot, or last too long for growing healthy plants. In general, more light seems to be better. Plant growth accelerates with abundant light because more of the plant’s leaves have exposure; which means more photosynthesis.
Adding led grow light to your greenhouse is an excellent option if you live in the North and don’t get many hours of winter daylight. LED Grow light is an excellent option to replace some of the missing rays. Maybe you do not have an ideal southern location on your property for a greenhouse. Use led grow lights to supplement the day’s length as well as the quality and intensity of light. If your greenhouse covering does not diffuse sunlight well, you can add lights to fill in shadows for more even growth. Then you will find the amazing growing result by using led grow light.
Here are some plant grow light tips to take the guess work out of successful plant growth with LEDS:
– LED grow lights can be placed closer to the plants because of the low heat that the fixtures produce. Always, move your lights closer slowly (over days) and check your plants regularly for any type of heat stress.
– When talking with your supplier ask for light coverage specifications or a lighting coverage design before you purchase LED grow lights.
– Plant type, room size, other lighting sources and budget are all factors to be considered before purchasing. Any reputable distributor or retailer should be able to do this for you. If you are a commercial grower this lighting design can be very helpful in assisting you determine return on investment.
– Watering has to be adjusted with LED grow lights because the soil is not being “baked” by lights that produce high heat amounts. We suggest at least using an inexpensive soil dampness meter if you are growing in soil.
– Monitor before changing to LED grow lights so you have a baseline for your water use. Hydroponic growers will also see less water used also but this level is easier managed because of the centralized water/nutrient source.
– Along with watering be watchful of nutrients levels given to the plants under LED grow lights. The environment is gentler and may need fewer nutrients by the plants to achieve the same amount of growth.
– Environmental conditioning needs to be adjusted because the heat created by LED grow lights is less than conventional grow lighting. Room temperature for proper plant growth needs to be a in a certain range for the plants you choose to grow. As a general rule plants optimally grow and flower at temperatures between 68F to 86F.