An IP Camera is a digital video camera mainly for surveillance purposes. This particular camera can receive and send data through both the internet and computer network. There are two major categories of IP cameras. They include centralized and decentralized cameras.
Centralized IP Cameras needs a central Network Video Recorder to carry out the recording, video production and alarm management. However, the decentralized IP cameras do not need a central NVR. The recording is already in the cameras functionality. This enables it to record directly to the digital storage media. The storage media includes the hard disk drives and the flash drives. An wireless IP camera has various advantages over other surveillance systems.
Benefits of IP cameras
- A two-way audio system works via a single network cable. This allows the consumers in various fields to converse with what they are able to see.
- IP cameras have a very high image resolution power. It is approximately 640 by 480. It can also offer multi-pixel resolution and other high quality images at about 30 frames for every second.
- The cameras have a flexible design that can move anywhere on the IP network.
- This particular camera can work even on a wireless network.
- Modest IP cameras have the capability to function without the need for extra power supply. They operate with the PoE-protocol that provides power through the Ethernet cable.
However there is need to consider the following factors while purchasing to ensure picking the best quality.
- Numerous types of camera are available. You should be clear on whether you want a fixed, PTZ, dome or wireless camera type.
- There is need to locate a perfect environment for installing your IP camera before purchasing. Camera housings and lenses varies for diverse environments.
- Determine the significance of image quality that you require. Image quality can be very sharp images or even just an overview of a specific scene. Every camera has its own price depending on the quality of the images.
- When considering resolution power, you need to be very cautious. Normally, megapixel IP cameras offer a greater resolution than VGA.
- Some IP Cameras come with built-in intelligence while others do not. Such intelligence includes alarm notifications and video productions.
- It is important to note whether the camera that you select supports a suitable protocol for your network.
While purchasing an IP Camera, it is vital to ensure obtaining from a reliable source. It helps to avoid purchasing a product that has complications. Get the best IP Cameras online. Visit TOMTOP or paste this link into your browser: http://www.tomtop.com/ip-cameras.