Today, we can live without computers in our daily life, to make our work and life more convenient, laptops have been created. But nothing will be more frustrating than using your laptop outside the home or the office only to find out that your battery is fast draining because you have actually overused or misused it. What if you have a presentation to do or an emergency email you have to send out and the battery of your laptop just died down?
To get rid of this, you should maximize the battery life of our laptop by changing some of your bad habits. Below are some tips you should keep in mind when working with your laptops to prolong its battery life.
1. Every time when you turn on your laptop, make sure that its battery is fully charged.
2. During Software Updates installation, keep them running as these updates sometimes improve the life of your laptops’ battery.
3. Once in a while, discharge the battery of your laptop – about once a month should be enough. Run it until it shuts down or outs itself to sleep. Then when the battery is already drained, plug the laptop to recharge.
4. Make sure that you use and store your laptop under recommended room temperature which is between 50 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Anywhere higher or lower than these temperatures might damage not only the battery, but your laptop, as well.
5. To minimize battery usage, keep the brightness level of your laptop to a minimum. The brighter the screen is, the more power the battery consumes. Also, turn off the backlight on your keyboard by using the F5 key to minimize power consumption.
6. Turn off the Bluetooth function on your laptop when you are not using it as it uses a lot of power.
7. If you will keep your laptop plugged in or stored for a long period of time, it is best to remove the battery. In storing the battery, keep it under room temperature and away from heat to prolong its life.
8. While you can always have a replacement for your damaged or dead laptop battery, it is still best to preserve and prolong its life to avoid any more hassles. By keeping in mind these simple but important safety tips, you can be sure that the battery of your laptop will last long.
Try your best to maximize the battery life of your laptop will not only save you from a lot of troubles but also take some actions to protact the ecological environment.