Makeup is truly an art form, with so many different products, tools and techniques that all help to keep a makeup artist’s job so easy and fun. Of the near-limitless options of products to work with, eyeliner is one of the most consistent.
1. White eyeliner can make your eyes look more awake. Swap your regular black pencil for white when you’re looking a tad on the tired side and say good morning to brighter eyes.
2. Dark eyeliner was actually created, in part, to protect people from the harsh rays of the sun. So, if anything, you have an excuse for owning ten identical similar shades of black eyeliner. But don’t forget: there’s no substitute for SPF!
3. Winged eyeliner can be worn on both top and bottom lash lines—at the same time! Choose two contrasting colors for an edgy makeover and read this tutorial for instructions.
4. Ever mess up on your liner look (hello, eyes that are suddenly two different sizes)? No worries, simply apply makeup remover to a Q-tip to erase the error without smudging or starting over.
5. Connect the dots instead of sweeping liner on for more precise results. Just dot with cream liner and connect with a smudge brush for perfect liner, every time.